Thursday 11 July 2019

An altered bottle

Hey people!

DT Shweta here today with a new project pictorial for you all.

I've altered an old bottle into a beautiful textured decor piece. I've used the chalk and the metallic paints to color my bottle and used white Gesso to highlight the features. Here are the pictures.







Below is the process.

I first pasted paper napkins on the entire bottle with the Art Gel Medium. While pasting them, I allowed them to wrinkle and fold a lot as that would give rich textures to the bottle.



I then used some handmade flowers,leaves from Expressions Craft, some molded clay pieces and adhered them on the bottle where I wanted.



I then applied some Crackle Texture Paste around the composition. Also, I added a lot of Deco Stones in different sizes around my composition with the Art Gel Medium.




After drying it completely, I gave a generous coat of Heavy Gesso White on the entire bottle.


                                                                                                                                                                  I then used the chalk paint - Maya Blue and metallics - Hunter Green and Purple Affair and dry brushed the bottle with the colors, playing around with them randomly until I was satisfied with the look.

After that, I dry brushed with White Gesso all over to break the monotony of the colors and highlight the textures and the flowers.





And done!

Do let me know how you liked the project.
Thanks for stopping by.

Love,
Shweta


Supplies used:

Chalk paints- Maya Blue
Metallic Paints- Hunter Green and Purple Affair
Heavy Gesso White
Crackle Texture Paste

1 comment: