Wednesday 15 June 2022

" Cast of characters" rusty box

 Hey everyone, 

Welcome to the EC blog page, it's Madhurima here and today I am sharing with you all a trash to treasure project. I had a sweet box from last year lying with me which I usually use to store my resin castings. Since the theme of this month is to "create rust" so I thought why not give it a make over and make it all grungy and rusty. For that I have mainly focused on the shades of blacks, browns, reds and yellows which are the generic colors for the rust effect. I have used both chalk paints and chroma bursts to achieve the same. Here are the close ups of my project. The product list along with the detailed step by step tutorial link is at the end of this post.














*** Product list ***

1. Mediums - Black gesso, Dimensional heavy gel

2. Texture paste - white sand ground texture paste, ice and snow texture paste, opaque matte texture paste, crackle texture paste

3. Stencils - Numbers, honeycomb, apple blossom branch

4. Chipboards - Distressed geary arrows 2, gear set 3, leafy flourish, roman clock set, grape vine fillers, purely script, geary bulb

5. Chalk paints - Military brown, red cherry wood, pale sunset yellow

6. Chroma bursts - Choco truffle, cranberry kiss, golden glow, old metal rust, bright carnival light

7. Glass nuggets

8. Decostones - Mini and medium

9. Gilding glue

10. Gilding flakes - Gold and copper



Tutorial link :




Hope to see you all soon with yet another project. Till then bye and happy crafting



No comments:

Post a Comment