Friday 24 June 2022

" Love and Abundance" Rusty Shabby chic mixed media panel

Hey guys,

Welcome to the EC blog for yet another inspiration. This is Madhurima here and going with this month's theme once again i.e., " Create Rust" I am sharing with you all a more shabby chic rusty project. This is yet another trash-to-treasure project. This project is very close to my heart because here I have used an old wrist watch which was a gift from my dad when I started my B.Tech. As it has become old and fallen apart so I thought why not use it in my project and keep it as a souvenir for the rest of my life. As you will see I have used two focal points in my composition. One of a much-grown woman superimposed over a small girl. This is to capture the time when I received the gift from dad i.e. when I started college. To me, that was the point in my life when I have grown from a small child to a more responsible woman ready to face the world and the watch tied up everything both physically and metaphorically.

For this, I have used a discarded cover of a desk calendar and with a few scrap pieces of leftover cardboard from previous projects, I started to build the composition again, layer by layer. Since I had a shabby chic rust theme in my mind so went in with the white gesso and primed each and every object very well. For the base coat, I have used metallic spray paints in the shades of violets and peaches. To achieve the rust effect I have used chroma bursts and metallic paints in the shades of reds and oranges. 

Here are the close-ups of the project. The links to all the products and the detailed step-by-step tutorial are at the end of this blog post.


















 

*** Product used***

3. Metallic sprays-  Amethyst, Midnight Burgundy, Peach blossom
4. Sprinkle mist- chestnut
6. Chalk paint-  Desert Grape, periwinkle
7. Decostones- Micro 
10. Chroma bursts - Cranberry kiss, Old metal rust


No comments:

Post a Comment