Tuesday 17 October 2017

Ethnic Diwali Cards!

Hello to all!

I am back again with new inspiration!

Diwali is a most famous festival of lights celebrated in India. Each of the Hindu people started planning before a month to celebrate this festival.  Invited their friends and family members and wishes them! So I created an ethnic and festive Diwali Cards!

I have combined the two different stencils to create my first Diwali Celebration card!



My card base is in bright yellow. I took the daisy floral stencil and cover the half of the front card Using carved pumpkin ink. I stencil the design as shown in the pic with Ombre effect.


 Then I took Candied apple ink and stencil the design again overlapping it, love the result!




    Now I die cut one small and one big circle to make my own stencil. I covered the white border layer with my circle die sheet and put the daisy floral stencil and applied the ink (Keep the small circle between the daisy floral stencil to keep the circle white). Now I wanted to highlight a Diya only. So I covered the white border sheet again and applied ink through the Diya stencil. Now distress the edges applied candied apple ink.



                                 Die cut the borders out of bright red and whisper white CS.


               Die cut celebrate word and now applied both the layers at my card base as shown in the pic. Now time to embellish it. Highlighted it with few gems and yellow glitter glue dots.

Here is the beautiful inside too!



Supply list:
Cardstocks: Bright yellow, red and Heavy white CS 300 gsm
Stencils: Daisy Delight and Diya from Expressions Craft Stamps
Dies: A2 Scalloped Borders-Card creator dies from Spellbinders, Celebrate from Die-namics Nesting circle dies from WeRMK
Distress inks: Carved pumpkin, candied apple, fossilized amber, ground espresso
Round foam Blender: Tim Holtz
Big Shot
Glitter glue: Yellow iridescent
Other materials: Masking tape, orange-yellow color gems

Here is the second card!




    For this card, I applied several colors using Daisy Delights stencil as shown in the pic.



                 Then I die cut the sentiment Hello out of stick it adhesive sheet and one from white foam sheet. Applied crystal glass clear Diamond dust. The procedure is shown in the pic. And placed the word phrase on my one layer card with a silver thread and few sequins and some glossy accents drops.



Supply list:
Cardstock: Heavy white CS, white foam sheet
Stencil: Daisy Delight from Expression craft Stamps
Altenew Inks: Warm sunshine, evergreen, frayed leaf, sea glass and desert night
Die:  Hello word from Sizzix You & Me set
Finger daubers
Stick It adhesive sheet from Ken Olivers and crystal glass clear Diamond dust
Glossy accents; B & W Classic Cup sequins and double shade silver thread

Hoping I inspired you to make some Diwali card preparations to celebrate this festive occasion!

Hope the festival of lights enlightens your home and heart with peace and serenity. Wishing you loads of joy and happiness on Diwali!!!

Vinita Jain


No comments:

Post a Comment