Friday 2 March 2018

Doily lace Stencil cards

Hello crafty friend,

Wish u all a Happy Holi and happy weekend too.

This is my first post for Expressions craft DT, hope u all like my cards.
I have used beautiful " Doily Lace Stencil" from "Expressions craft stamps" in all possible ways to show the versatility of this stencil.I also wanted to show u how we can make different backgrounds using different techniques.
Lets start with my very first card, Its a holi card.





For this card I have used a watercolour card stock of size 5" by 7". Placed the stencil partially on the card and ink blended distress inks to give the rainbow effect. Took another card stock to die cut "HOLI"alphabets and coloured them with bright water colours. I also used die cut for "Happy" to complete my sentiment.
Adhered the ready card on a red colour card stock and finished it with white card base.
U can always try different colour combos for such cards.

My next card is....
 


For this card I took a red coloured card base and used Hero Arts" White pigment ink" to give this beautiful look to my card. Take care to use sponge daubers for inking through the stencil. After inking this ink takes some time to dry , so be careful too. I have die cut the sentiment n used some red and white twine and few pearls to beautify my card. U can always try different dark coloured cardbase for such cards.

Third card using the Doliy Lace stencil.....
 


This congratulations card is too simple but equally beautiful.
For this card I have used craft card stock for base and applied texture paste through the intricate Doily Lace stencil. After the texture paste dries the card is ready. I used a die cut for sentiment and a burlap flower to enhance the beauty of my card. Adhered some diecut leaves and few water drops here and there. Took a dark brown card base to finish my card.
Guys hope u all are enjoying my post.....

I have made a square note card for my Fourth card.


For this card I have taken 4" by 4" watercolour card base. First I applied texture paste through my stencil and then let it dry properly. After the paper dries I added different colour splashes of distress inks here and there. Then sprayed water over the card and let all the colours get blended to give this beautiful natural look. Dried the card with heatgun. Adhered the heat embossed sentiment "HUGS" and added few sequins . Took a pink and white card base to finish off the card.

I tried few more techniques to use this beautiful Doily lace stencil which I would like to share with u.

Have a look at these two gift tags.....


I applied texture paste and while it was wet, sprinkled  "Enchanted gold" embossing powder from Ranger. Let it dry first and then heat emboss it. U can see the beautiful effect on the brown tag with glittered embossed pattern.
Next, I applied Versamark ink through the Stencil and heat embossed it with Ranger Gold embossing powder. U can see the Green paper with gold pattern on the tag.
For both the tags I die cut the circle pattern with round die.Same technique can be used to make beautiful background for cards too.
Hope my post is worth reading and u all had a nice time.

This stencil can be purchased from our store at the below link
https://www.expressionscraft.in/shop/doily-lace-mixed-media-stencils/ 
 
Looking forward to meet u all soon with my next post.
love, Sabiha.

4 comments: