Thursday 17 October 2019

A box for watercolor paints with telescopic panels - photo tutorial

Hello!
This is Irina Chebotareva (IraChe). 

Today I, IraChe, with the interesting photo tutorial about creation of paint box for watercolors with telescopic panels and cover.

My paint box for watercolors become looks very bad - there was bended box sides. And becouse I decided to made a new house for my paints.


I took a thick cardstock for the base. Cut it into parts: 1 part 10,3 * 22,4 sm, 2 parts - 4,8 * 22,4 sm, 2 parts - 5,2 * 22,4 sm, 4 parts - 1,7 * 5 sm, 2 part - 1,7 * 10,3 sm, 6 parts - 1,7 * 22,8 sm.

I glued parts to made a box and cover it with white gesso.


Then I blended Chalk paint Sea Foam with white gesso and colored the inner side of box and box cover.

 
 After, I add more white gesso and some Chalk paint Fancy Yellow and colored outer side of the box and box's cover.

  
I cut wooden sticks into 8 parts 3,4 * 0.8 sm and rounded they edges.

 
Sticks was also colored with Chalk paint Princess turquoise.


I made a holes in the boxes and wooden sticks and combine they with brads.
Box's cover was glued to base with textile. And colored it, certainly.


I used stencil to add Ground texture paste Ice&snow and add Glitters Fairy dust and Magic Sparks.


Watercolors now lives in the center box, additional colors - in one addon section and brushes - in other.









Supplies Used:

Texture Paste
Ground texture paste Ice&snow
Immix heavy gesso white
Glitters Fairy dust 
  Magic Sparks

 Make beauty with smile,
Irina Chebotareva

1 comment: