Monday 9 July 2018

GDT July - Heena

Hello Crafty friends,

Today we have would like to share our Guest designer of July

"Heena Shaikh of Blooming Paper buds"

Over to her

This is Heena, from bloomingpaperbuds.com. I m truly honored and delighted to be guest designing for Expressions craft for the month of July.
 Hello! my name is Heena.  I’m a 23 yrs old passionate crafter from Mumbai, India.
I have been crafting for the last 4 years, I started with Quilling and Punch Craft and kept exploring the world of paper crafting through the internet and discovered the art of Mix Media and scrapbooking, a lot of my inspiration comes from nature and I gravitate more towards vintage and shabby styles, warm colours, floral patterns and botanical art . I’m a DIY lover and I love making paper flowers and pretty much anything that’s crafty!


 Today I'll be sharing my first post that is a mixed media canvas using amazing supplies from Immix.

So let's begin...
For this project, I have used an 8 by 10'' canvas and started off by applying some modelling paste through the stencil. The stencil I have used here is Checkers and cubes by Expressions craft. After the modelling paste was dry I painted my background using a mixture of the sprinkle mists in shade deep teal and titanium white, The titanium white spray is great and a must have as you can mix it with other color sprays to tone down the color.
After I was done with the background I started adding my first layer of embellishment and the deco stones. Here I have used deco stones in size medium and mini, to adhere the art stones I applied a generous amount of gel medium and sprinkled the art stones over it. I have also used Chipboard elements from the Leafy wreath and .... set. Some of the chipboard elements are heat embossed in black. 
After I was done with my arrangement I added some more detailing with the art stones and color to my embellishments.




 


 















 




.





Supplies used in this project


Deco stones
  1. Deep Teal blue

 I hope you liked my creation, Thank you for stopping by!

Heena



No comments:

Post a Comment