Tuesday 27 November 2018

Altered Mixed Media Frame

Hola crafty peeps, 

This is Jaishree this side and today I am here with an altered frame with a twist. The twist is that I have used MDF window shutters to create a picture space on the frame itself. 



I have used the newly launched metallics form Expressions Craft Studio. The quality of these paints is just amazing. I loved the fluffy consistency of these colors and the sheen they have is brilliant. They work well on both black and white gesso without loosing the color and sheen. A total of 26 shades have been launched which you can buy from the website here.
I can go on and on about these beautiful colors but for now let's dig in to the project tutorial. 

Step 1 - I covered my window and the frame with IMMIX heavy white gesso.


Step 2 - Using IMMIX texture paste and the newly launched brick stencil add the design around the frame. 


Step 3 - Add some IMMIX crackle texture paste here and there and sprinkle some sprinkle glitz over it for some grungy texture. 


Step 4 - Adhere all the required chipboards and cover them with white gesso. Also adhere the window shutters in its place. 


Step 5 - I used the new launched chalk paint color red cherry wood and covered the brick area as far as possible. 


Step 6 - I highlighted the bricks pattern using the new chalk paint color Military brown


Step 7 - Using the newly launched metallics in the color jungle green I covered all the chipboard branches


Step 8 - Finally add all the flowers around the shutters along with deco art atones. I also in the end used metallic colors mari gold and bronze moon to highlight the window and brick wall texture. 


Here are some detailed pics - 






I hope you liked this mixed media project using the newly launched products from expressions craft. Do tag me in your projects inspired from this one. 

Until next time
Jaishree Bansal

---

Supply List

Deco art stones medium                  Sprinkle Glitz
Texture paste                         Heavy Gesso White



Beehive                                            Leafy Flourish                                        




1 comment: