Wednesday 23 January 2019

Shabby Chic Altered Glass Jar

Hello beautiful crafters,

This is DT member Jaishree here with a picture tutorial for you all on how to alter a glass jar in a shabby chic style. this jar can be used as a flower vase, a brush holder, pen holder, possibilities are endless. 


Lets get started!

Step 1 - Cover the jar with heavy gesso white. 


Step 2 - Use apply chalk paints of your choice (I used 2 shades of pink, one dark one light) I went in for a dual tone effect. I also adhered my clay frames before painting. 


Step 3 - Since I wanted to give it an ombré effect, I applied IMMIX metallic paint in the color pinky toes in the centre to merge the shades going from dark to light upwards. 


Step 4 - I took some flowers from my stash and covered them with white gesso. 


Step 5 - Once dried, I arranged the flowers and adhered them on the jar on opposite sides. I also added a white lace on the rim of the jar. 


Step 6 - I used a couple of metal butterflies and covered them with white gesso first and then colored them using IMMIX metallic paint holiday gold. 


Step 7 - I dry brushed the IMMIX metallic paint holiday gold on the clay frames as well as on the visible areas of jar over the calk paints. 



Step 8 - I finally adhered the butterflies and added some deco stones around to fill in some empty spaces. 


Here is a finished look - 


 Hope you liked the project and are inspired to up-cycle one of your own old glass jar as well. 

Until next time
Happy crafting



--

Supply list - 

10 comments:

  1. It’s beautiful 😍 just loved the shabby chic look❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the look and the combination looks awesome .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful project love the color combination.
    Great use of chalk paints and metallic paints

    Love and hugs
    Varsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color pallets and the shabby chic alter

    ReplyDelete
  5. the decostones are a total delight on your jar. love each details in it. totally amazing one

    ReplyDelete