Monday 21 January 2019

Vintage Steampunk Watch Organizer






Hello Friends,  👋
Hope your first month of the year was eventful so far 🙂
Today I am on Expressions Craft Blog with a step by step tutorial on how to make a Vintage themed watch organizer  in simple and easy steps. 
So firstly, I took an empty mdf watch organizer, separated all the parts , sanded and wiped the surface clean. Then, I applied a coat of Military Brown chalk paint all over the surface and insides leaving the top where I planned to decoupage.
The top flap was primed with Immix white gesso
You can either paint over the metal hinges or leave them as is.. I planned to leave it to the metal finish as that adds to the vintage look. Incase any paint is attached, you can clean with a thinner or nail paint remover.
Using the mini stencil from Immix steampunk collection I stenciled using the mix of military brown and azure in the inside and distressed the edges using the same colors
Now I decoupaged a vintage theme travel napkin and blended using the colors tortilla and a hint of smoky black. Later used the same steampunk mini stencil and stenciled with a mix of military brown and beige
Now using the same colors,  I colored the steampunk primed chippies from expressions craft and added over the design to give it a dimension.
Later the entire thing was varnished thrice leaving it to naturally dry between coats.  And, the vintage style watch organizer is ready 😃
I hope you enjoyed watching this quick tutorial.  Do let me know your thoughts or questions if any,  in the comments below. 

Until next time..  ❤

Here is the list of all the products used:

5 comments: