Saturday 8 June 2019

Dot painting using chalk paint

Hello everyone, 
It's Roshni here. Today I have a fun and beautiful project to share with you.. Today I have tried doing dot painting using chalk paibts from Expressions Craft. I have a picture tutorial showings how I altered the diary. 



Step 1- first I applied a coat of black gesso to cover the print on the diary 
The black gesso gives a really pretty black matte finish to the base and it looks really pretty

Step 2 I used this stencil from expressions craft and drew around it using a pen


Step 3 I choose a combination of 3 colours and using a dotting tool I starting dotting around the design that I had drawn



I continued building up of the design and added different size of dots and created different patterns


Step 3. When I was satisfied with my design I added a coat of art medium gloss to seal my artwork.  Matte medium is not only to stick things together but it also works like a varnish. 


Here are some final images
















Supplies Used


I hope you liked it .
love 
Roshni 



1 comment:

  1. Wow .so much patience needed for it. I have a very little knowledge about mixed media and never dared to try more but these projects make me understand the tools ,mediums needed for it. I will first buy from expression craft and then try out soon. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete