Friday 21 June 2019

Relief work with gold gilding on Jewelry box

Hello friends, Shalini Kundrai here again with one more tutorial .This time i have created a very traditional looking jewelry box with relief work on top n some gold gilding effect. Believe me after this tutorial you dont need to buy expensive gold leafs for gilding .








So, follow the below pictures to learn how i made this

1.Firstly i covered some spaces with masking tape according to design i had in my mind

2. Here i applied Azure, Pale Sunset Gold n Dusty Lavender chalk paints according to my design




 i removed masking tape in following picture

 3. For this steps you have 2 options . Either you can trace your design with the help of carbon paper or you can have your design through stencil . So here i used a stencil to add indian motif .
 4. Now for relief work i have made a cone. i mixed texture paste with art medium matt( to give more strength to the relief work)
 As i will be using this paste on colored surface n our paste is white in color  so to add color to my paste i mixed persimmon sprinkle mist in good quantity to my paste n make a cone of this mixture


5. Here i applied the paste on my design with cone i made . its entirely upto you how raised u want your relief work.



6.So after my relief work got dried i applied masking tape again , this time around the areas which was still without color n applied 2 coats of holiday gold metallic paint n you need to believe me that this metallic gold really gives pure gold shine like gold leaf people use for gilding


Here i dried brushed metallic paint holiday gold on my relief work.

Hope u enjoyed this tutorial
Happy crafting

Products  used



No comments:

Post a Comment