Wednesday 12 June 2019

Mixed Media Heart Canvas

Hello people!

Design Team member Shweta here with yet another beautiful project for you all- A Mixed Media Heart Canvas.




I've used heart shaped chipboards from Expressions Craft as my base here. To adorn them, I've used beautiful handmade flowers and chippies all from Expressions Craft. They have a huge variety of gorgeous handmade flowers in so many colors and a wide collection of chipboard designs. These products instantly uplift the look of any project. In my project too, the focus is on the flowers.




To add colors to my project, I've tried something different. Instead of adding texture paste first and then coloring it, I tinted the texture paste with some color and then applied it through a stencil. This gave me precise and bold colored textures on the base.

Since I wanted the focus of my project to be on the flowers that I was going to use, I sprayed some sprinkle mist on the colored textures in the same colors as the base-black. This gave a kinda hazy look to the project and allowed only a hint of the colours beneath to peek through.




I then assembled everything. To add some shine , I sprinkled Fairy Dust generously on the flowers. It added a lot of shimmer to the flowers.



I've captured the whole process in a video. The tutorial is below:



I would love to know how you liked the video. Do comment.

Thanks,
Shweta.

Supplies used:

Handmade flowers - Wild Rose, Mixed Boutique1
Chalk paints: Creamy Yellow, Maya Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment