Friday 22 March 2019

Mixed Media Journal Cover

Hello Friends,

Priya here with a photo tutorial using the new Sculpture tex and Art gel mediums.
Today I altered my art Journal cover and I totally the outcome.


So let's start the tutorial...

I took out the cover of my journal first and gave a coat of black gesso. You can avoid the step and directly jump to the next step.



Here you can see the cotton cloth I used to cover my project. I cut this into two rectangular pieces and dipped in Sculpture tex and then glued on the cover. You don't need another adhesive as Sculpture tex as it glues down automatically. I also adhered some burlap and followed the same procedure.


You can see the beautiful texture that is created here with the fabric. I sprinkled some fairy Dust to add some sparkle here. But later I thought to color my Journal cover with Metallic Paints so you can skip this step.



Than I attached some chipboards from Expressions Craft on my journal. I used a lot of them here and there as my cover is quite a big one.



I added some metal charms and this beautiful metal butterfly also using Art gel medium and Heavy Gel Medium  and covered everything  with Black gesso.


Then I started coloring using Raw amber and Velvet Orchid.



Now some more close up pics and more...





Supplies Used:






Hope you like my project. 
Thanks for Visiting

No comments:

Post a Comment