Saturday 22 September 2018

Vintage style mixed media kitchen wall decor

Hello crafty friend,

Happy weekend to all, hope u all are enjoying posts from Expressions craft and getting inspired to make beautiful projects.

I am Sabiha Khan back with a Vintage style mixed media Wall decor for your Kitchen...

Lets have a look at my wall decor first...



I have used all newly launched Expressions craft Mixed Media products under the brand name IMMIX.

I would like to share few more close ups of my project...












One step at a time-

1. I took a MDF base for my project.

2. Applied IMMIX heavy black gesso and let it dry.Then took some texture paste and crackle texture paste from IMMIX Expressions craft and applied randomly over my board.

3. To create texture when the texture paste was wet, pressed some jute cloth over it and removed it. You get a fine jute texture on the board.Now let it dry.
4.Took some chippie negatives which were left behind after using the chippies. Cut them into small pieces and adhered them on the board. I have also added some star dangler chippies and few stars too.
5.After I was satisfied with the layout, covered all chippies with heavy black gesso too.

6.After it was dry. Applied IMMIX heavy white gesso all over my layout.

7. Took two wooden spoons and applied black and white gesso too.

8. After the spoons were dry applied some IMMIX crackle paste over them, as you can see in the pics. Coloured the spoons with Sprinkle mists Burnt orange and Chest Nut.

9. I have used three IMMIX Sprinkle Mists to colour my project.
Citrus yellow
Chest Nut
Burnt Orange

10. After I was satisfied with the colours applied some black paint on the edges and randomly all over the textures with my finger to highlight the textures.

11. Finally adhered the spoons on the board and decorated it with Expressions craft sentiment chippie "Favourite Recipes" Few Expressions craft botanical melange shimmer flowers and some satin ribbon bows.

12. And yes, I think the project is never complete without some Deco stones ,I have used mini stones here, a favourite product of all the crafters.

Hope u loved to read my post...

Thanks for visiting, please comment below if liked my project and post.

Love ,



List of products used 



Deco stones Mini



Sprinkle Mists




Crackle texture paste



Art essential heavy Gesso




Chipboard embellishments


shimmer floral

Botanical Melange shimmer floral



No comments:

Post a Comment