Wednesday 24 October 2018

Altered Mixed Media Bottle

Hola crafty peeps,

This is Jaishree this side from joyful kreations on expressions crafts blog today. With halloween around the corner and fall season upon us, I thought of creating something different. As mixed media is my first love, I have tried to alter a glass bottle in a very rustic pirate kind of style. I have used the beautiful Immix products in my alteration. lets dig in!


For the background, I started by adhering foam sheet cut into small rectangles and squares. I added some flat back pearls to give the effect of nails on the corners of each piece. I used the inner spears of the gear chipboard from expressions craft to adhere on the front of my bottle. Next I used some old ball chain in the smallest size and wrapped around the bottle in a very unmanaged way.


I covered everything on the bottle with IMMIX black heavy gesso. I sprayed some IMMIX sprinkle mist in the color Deep Teal and while it was wet, sprinkled IMMIX fairy dust blue. It gave my bottle a very sparkly blue look. Once dried, I dry brushed IMMIX baby blue chalk paint on the bottle unevenly. this gave the bottle a very nice faded jeans effect. 


Now came the part where I had to give the rust effect. To create my own rust colors, I used acrylic paints and added some sprinkle glitz to it. This can be achieved by adding sprinkle glitz to IMMIX chalk paints as well. Only a pinch of sprinkle glitz is more than enough. I used the colors sienna, red and mustard in acrylic paints. All you have to do is dab the three colors here and there on top of each other. 


Try not to cover the entire bottle, leave some places for the background color to be visible. Once all dried, I topped the nails and my front embellishments with some mettalique wax and sprayed the IMMIX sprinkle mist in the color citrus yellow to highlight my embellishments and some other random areas. 



The IMMIX products are truly amazing and you should really try them in your projects to get a wonderful finish. 
Thanks to these products I was able to achieve this amazing rustic look. 




I hope you liked my alteration and are inspired to make one for yourself too. Do tag me in your creations if you make any on the similar lines. Leave a comment below in case you have any questions. 
Until next time
Happy crafting
Love 
Jaishree

Products used

 




 



3 comments: