Thursday 11 October 2018

Mixed Media Cards

Hello crafty people,

This is Jaishree this side. Today, I am here at expressions craft blog with a picture tutorial on how to create these two beautiful mixed media cards with the amazing Immix products.


The Immix products are so amazing that even if you are a beginner you'll be able to create these cards in no time. So, without further adieu lets get started!

I created these two cards measuring 6x6 inches. Then I cut two pieces of paper in the size 5 7/8 x 5 7/8 inches in order to create the layer to work on. I distressed all the edges of both the papers.


Next to add texture to my background I mixed Immix texture paste with some sprinkle glitz to make my paste grainy. 


I used two different stencils from expressions craft for both the cards. Using the above made texture paste, I created lovely backgrounds with the stencils. 


Using the beautiful sprinkle mist spray paints I added two colors of paints on each cards background. on one card I used yellow and red tones while on the other I used pink and blue tone. Also, I added a tint of titanium white where ever I thought the color was too dark. 


Next to start layering my cards I added a few pieces of corrugated sheet and gave it a coat of heavy gesso white from Immix. This gesso has a creamy consistency which is very easy to spread and also gives great coverage within the first coat. 


Next I used magic sparks from Immix to add a little sparkle and glitter to my chippies. I used leafy wreath chippies from expressions craft. I covered the complete chippie with glossy accent first and then sprinkled the magic sparks onto it. I used both circular and the heart shaped chippie from the pack for each of the card.


I also added glitter to my flowers using fairy dust. I used green fairy dust for yellow flowers and blue fairy dust for my aqueduct colored flowers. 



To assemble everything together, I started with chippies, filled in some cheesecloth (colored it in the same colors as each cards background), topped it up with sentiments and butterflies. 
In card one I used shabby crinkled flower in the color lemon twist along with mixed boutique 2 filler flowers both from expressions craft. In card two, I used shabby crinkled flower in the color aqueduct. 
I finished my cards by adding some Deco art stones medium and mini and some splatters of white titanium sprinkle mist. Here's the finished look of the cards.



Lets's take a closer look at the cards!













Hope you all liked my cards and are inspired to create some yourselves too. Do share your cards with us at the expressions craft club and participate in the monthly challenge. 


Supplies used in this project - 


     

     









6 comments: