Saturday 8 December 2018

Art Journal Page | Love Beyond Words

Hola crafty peeps,

Jaishree this side and I am back with another inspiring project for you all to make your weekend more crafty. I have recently started my own art journaling. As a mixed media artist i feel that many ideas that we have go unimplemented and later forgotten. So capture most of my ideas on regular basis, I started art journaling. In my opinion Art Journal is an artists space where he/she can be themselves. Make what their heart desires without fear of making a mistake. Trying hands on a new technique I bring to you a page from my art journal. Ta-da! 


To create this art journal page I used the minimum supplies possible so that any beginner can make one too. So without further a due let's see how its done!

Step 1 - Primed the areas of my pages, where you have to work, with white gesso. 

Step 2 - Take any string/cord long enough to make spirals and dip it into the spray paints of your choice. Take out the string and make circular spirals on the page. Put a waste paper on top and press a little hard and pull the string from below the waste paper. And voila! you have a beautiful string texture + color on your page. 
Repeat the process with as many colors you want, I used three. 


Step 3 - Use some washi tape and apply it here and there to add another flat layer, but gives your page a little texture. 


Step 4 - Take any stencil of your choice and add color with the help of a sponge and black gesso. I used the newly launched mini stencils from Expressions Craft. I think they are perfect to work with on projects with smaller area. I used the number stencil here. 


Step 5 - I stamped and cut a couple of butterflies on an old book paper and colored it using the spray paints I used earlier. 


Step 6 - I added the butterflies on one side of the page along with a sentiment and on the other side of the page I just added a sentiment. 

Step 7 - Lastly, using a background stamp, I stamped here and there to add more texture and using a gel pen black, I made a boundary with free hand. 


Here are some close up images!












Hope you liked this project and are inspired to make one of yours too. Do tag me in your projects inspired by this, I love to see your creations. 


Supply List

 Black Gesso   

Until next time
Happy crafting!

1 comment: