Saturday 13 April 2019

An altered diary




Hey people.

Shweta here today on expressions craft blog with an altered diary ft. Immix contour medium and metallic paints.

The concept of contour medium was very new to me. I'd never tried it before. This very fact made me want to work it. And  I must say I really did enjoy working with it. Here's a short pictorial.




I started off by priming my diary with black gesso first. I'd be covering my diary with the burlap fabric later and I didn't want to take chances of the blue color of the diary cover peeking through the burlap. Hence the black gesso.



Then I cut the burlap fabric such that it would completely cover my diary. I then placed it in position and applied the contour medium with a large brush very generously. I then let it air dry for a few hours.



This particular contour medium was gray in colour. Hence I again gave a coat of black gesso to the whole fabric after it dried up.



Then used this stencil and applied texture paste on the cover.



Used some chippies and coated them with black gesso.





Then using the art gel medium , adhered all the chippies and a few clay embellishments to the cover. Also mixed some sprinkle glitz and deco stones with the gel medium and pasted them on the cover to fill in the gaps.



Gave a coat of black gesso all over.




Then I took three metallic paints- Browney Rust, Velvet Orchid and Rose Quartz and Maya Blue chalk paint and used them on my design till I was satisfied. These paints are a joy to work with. They are so creamy and buttery. I just loved them.

And we're done.
Hope my work inspires you.
Do comment if you liked it.
See you soon!!

Immix supplies used:

No comments:

Post a Comment