Friday 26 April 2019

Antique Embroidery Hoop Frame - Photo tutorial

Antique Embroidery Hoop Frame


Greetings!

Hi Everyone... This is Isha Pai, today I am here on Expressions Craft Blog with a very "easy to make" photo tutorial of this beautiful antique embroidery hoop frame.

The best part of this frame is you can keep changing the photos on it, as the photo is attached to a mini wooden clip.




Let's Begin with Photo tutorial:

Step 1: Firstly, I have attached a canvas sheet with a wooden embroidery hoop. Then after attaching, I have applied Immix black heavy gesso all over and also to the chippies (cogs wheel frame, heart dream catcher with star and branches with birds) separately.

*I have used only the star part of the "heart dream catcher with star" chippie.


Step 2: After drying the gesso with heat tool, I have then textured the background by using wave stencil along with the mixture of sprinkle glitz and white gesso.  Later after drying off the background texture, I have pasted hand torn corrugated sheet randomly and all the chippies (Arabesque background frame) with glue gun.


Step 3: Then again I had applied black gesso all over. Also pasted some metal embellistments along with a wooden clip for holding photos. 

Here comes my favorite part "using of Immix metallic paints". 
(i). First I started with Gunmetal Grey
(ii). then a very little Bronze Moon to give rusty effect
(iii). lastly, my all time favorite Ancient Gold

All the above metallic paints were used, using dry brush technique.



Step 4: Then with the help of a toothbrush I have sprayed  Ancient Gold metallic paint on the sides to give dot effects.




Materials used are:

1. Wooden embroidery hoop

2. Canvas sheet

3. Black heavy Gesso

4. Stencil: Wave

5. Frames: Arbesque Background Frame, Cogs wheel frame,
Heart dream catcher with star, Branches with birds

6. Corrugated sheet

7. Metallic Paints: Ancient Gold
Gunmetal Grey
Bronze Moon

8. Sprinkle Glitz mixed with white gesso

I hope you all have loved this photo tutorial... 
And I am hoping to see your creation of such kind of hoop frame either in my way or your own way using the amazing products from https://www.expressionscraft.in 

Love & Peace from Me to You all...

Happy Crafting & Keep Crafting... 




1 comment: