Wednesday 20 February 2019

Be Inspired

February is the month of love...it is amazing how this month highlights our feelings towards the one whom we have come to love and share our life with....This month also saw the launch of Expression Crafts new products and by far my all time favorite has been Sculptex Contour Medium.I love to experiment and come out with something different...It's been a adventure for sure.



So moving on I decided to recycle some of old canvas .They already  had a coat of color so I took Immix white gesso and muted the color to give me an even tone... 

Immix White Gesso
Immix white gesso
The next step was to create a soft stencil effect on the canvas .I took Heavy dimensional gel and added a bit of glitter (Fairy dust)to it to highlight the design of the stencil.


 Immix Sculptor Tex contour medium.This is basically like a fabric hardener and can be used to sculpt fabrics to create interesting textures.This medium has four color tones totally to be used for ones purpose (Black,Brown,Grey,Clear) I chose clear for my project.To use this medium one definitely needs to wear gloves and the prep the table with plastic sheet .

I decided to use this fabric  pack which comes in three varieties (cheese cloth,cotton cloth and Burlap) available in Expression craft .This definitely made my job easy as I could see clearly that the fabrics were easy to use with this medium.I went with cotton cloth.

I started to cut the cloth in small bits and dipped them in the sculptex squeezing the excess and creating an interesting contour and let them sit for few minute till they were semi dry...Now I concentrated the area of interest with crackle based heart.I wanted to create a composition around it so I started layering the semi-dry fabrics around the heart.



Once I arranged it I felt that the fabrics created a heightened texture .This added more depth
 to my area of interest.
I wanted to create more textures and I added the deco stones with texture paste.Then took Immix Metallic new release paints Unicorn pink and Purple Affair.As the color palette had been set for this month I went with these two colors which gave me a shimmer of the Pinks...I kept washing down the color as the entire project rested on watercolor effects.I also embellished the heart with star fish for added effects. 
After playing a while I decided to bring more interest to the sculpted fabric by adding Immix Holiday gold.The gold highlighted the pinks underneath.I wanted to bring in a very simple composition for this very fact that the artist in us should not fear to explore and experiment.Understanding a medium and its effects is a lifelong work but never postpone it because of Fear.Happy crafting and always be inspired to try something new.. 

Products used

Immix Fabric Pack

5 comments: