Saturday 3 August 2019

Watercolor Beach Painting Using Chroma Burst

Hello Folks, I am here with my first DT Project on watercolors. As an artist, I love painting with watercolors. These chroma bursts are a gift to painters who want to picturise fantasy through the paintings. I have given a STEP by STEP photo tutorial below. Please do try. It's amazing to see these colours come alive on the paper


I have first taped my the edges of the sheet with masking tape. Always start with a light outline using a pencil. 



I have started with painting the skies. First cover the sky using water. You can use a flat brush or spray the area with water. I have used Blue Lagoon pigment. Dilute a small amount in water and start applying the colors on the wet area. Make sure that you apply the colours while the paper is still wet. This is called WET on WET technique

                                               Leave some white space to provide a cloudy effect


Use the same Technique and fill the portions that are covered with water. Here, I have used Blue Lagoon, Tea Cup Teal and a pinch of coral reef pigments.


Then I have given lighter shades for the foliage areas using Fresh Lime color and Yellow shades.


The next step is to darken the foliage area wherever you need to create distance and dimensions. I have mixed Old Rust and Fresh Lime to create a darker shade of green

Finally, I have painted the coconut tree leaves using a darker shade of green. You can mix Amber gold with Woodland bay for green tones. I have used Gama Black for the birds and completed the project. Once you have completed the painting remove the masking tape and it gives you a neat white border.




Hope you found this project to be interesting and inspiring. Do share your opinions. Stay tuned for more exciting projects.

To buy chroma burst check the following stores
Crafters Corner
Deepa Anandakrishnan
Hindustan Trading Company - Fine Art & Stationery Since 1974

3 comments: